Tuesday, January 4, 2011

getting better.... thanks for the comments and followings!

     So I haven't exactly, been working out twice a day. However, I am more active then I was before starting this blog.  First off I want to thank everyone for commenting and giving me some advice, it definately gave me things to think about, and I figure out what I was missing. Goals, I have always been, and always will be a goal oriented person. Even as a young kid I always had a goals list for myself, and although one of them was to play soccer in college (which didn't happen). I realized finally, that its ok I didn't play soccer in college, and that my goals need be tailored to my life right now. I can't go back and therefore have to look forward to the future.
    My college is pretty close to a beach, and therefore there are a lot of fun runs that I can do to help all sorts of non-profits. So I'm going to look into that for sure. The goal that I'm working on right now is a half-marathon at  the end of may. Now that I have a goal it's been easier to work out, and train for it. The one thing that is still kind of wieghing me down is food.
   Food. I just love it way to much to give it up. ha. I know the principal of losing wieght is to exersize more than you eat. Its just down right tough. I come from an irish and itailian family, and we eat. Thats just how it has always been. Thankfully though I'm off to school agian in a day. So now I just have to make better choices at school.
   Today for exersize I went for a 2 mile run, and packed all my stuff in the car to leave to go back to school. Today was a good day, hopefully the much needed start to my new year. new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment